An Introduction to the Strengthening the Implementation of Marriage and Relationship Programs
In 2019, the Administration for Children and Family’s (ACF) Office of Planning, Research, and Evaluation (OPRE) contracted with Mathematica and its subcontractor, Public Strategies, to conduct the Strengthening the Implementation of Marriage and Relationship Programs (SIMR) project. SIMR’s goal is to understand implementation challenges faced by healthy marriage and relationship education (HMRE) programs and identify and test potential solutions to those challenges.
This webinar introduces the SIMR project. During the webinar, OPRE and Mathematica staff provide the following:
- the background and motivation for SIMR;
- an overview of SIMR’s goals;
- a description of the project’s key activities and timeline;
- a discussion of how the project team will use rapid-learning methods to engage with HMRE programs to test the solutions to implementation challenges;
- an overview of the potential benefits of participation for those programs selected to participate in SIMR;
- and a review of the implementation solutions that may be tested as part of the project.