Mathematica-mpr.com is now Mathematica.org. Please update your bookmarks. Learn more about this change.
Care Delivery Systems
Models for health care delivery—such as care coordination, disease management, and medical homes—have been used to organize and manage health care more effectively. Mathematica has led a number of evaluations of these models.
Learning Systems for Accountable Care Organizations
Under a contract with CMS’s Innovation Center, Mathematica operates multiple learning systems for Medicare ACOs that promote the rapid distribution of innovative ideas and strategies for improving health care delivery and quality.
Evaluation of Initiatives to Improve Adult Outcomes and Employment Opportunities for Young Recipients of Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Young people with disabilities, particularly those who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI), face unique challenges as they transition into adulthood. Even with targeted support services, they often fall behind their peers in their educational and economic attainment as adults.
Jeffrey Ballou’s research focuses on performance measurement and health care payment reform. His work informs efforts to lower costs and improve health care quality through physician performance measurement.Featured Projects
- Research and Evaluation of the Money Follows the Person (MFP) Demonstration Grants
- Developing Resource Use Reports for Medicare Fee-for-Service Claims
- Medicaid-Financed Institutional Services: Characteristics of Nursing Home and ICF/IID Residents and Their Patterns of Care
- Matching Study Designs to Disability-Related Comparative Effectiveness Research Questions
- Care Delivery Systems
- Long-Term Services and Supports