Mathematica-mpr.com is now Mathematica.org. Please update your bookmarks. Learn more about this change.
Mental Health and Substance Abuse
Mathematica conducts influential work to improve mental health and substance abuse services and policies. We combine our deep knowledge of behavioral health care with our data collection and analytic capabilities to provide a wide array of services.
Mathematica's areas of behavioral health expertise include the following:
- Research, evaluation and policy analysis
- Quality measures
- Data analytics and quality improvement
- Technical assistance and training
- Data collection
Workers’ Compensation and the Opioid Epidemic: Analysis and Research Design Options
Mathematica is identifying innovative interventions and initiatives that may be relevant to the Federal Employees' Compensation Act (FECA) client/customer population, and will develop research and evaluation design options for generating new evidence in the field.
Technical Assistance Helps States Share Best Practices for Delivering Coordinated Care
The Integrated Care Resource Center provides technical assistance to states developing integrated care programs to coordinate medical, behavioral health, and long-term services and supports for people eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid.
Kara Zivin has 20 years of experience conducting research and evaluation studies of clinical, functional, and quality-of-life outcomes for vulnerable populations with behavioral health conditions, including women in the perinatal period, older adults, and veterans.Featured ProjectsFeatured Publications
- Medicaid Emergency Psychiatric Demonstration: Response to 21st Century Cures Act Requirements, Report to Congress (Appendices)
- Medicaid Emergency Psychiatric Demonstration: Response to 21st Century Cures Act Requirements (Report to Congress)
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse
- Population Health
- Medicaid and CHIP