Mathematica is continuously monitoring this fluid situation, and we are proactively working to minimize any potential impacts on our clients, partners, staff, and the important work that we do together. Learn more.
The Importance of a Teacher of Record: Definition and Roster Verification for High-Stakes Decision Making
Publisher: Princeton, NJ: Mathematica Policy Research
Sep 30, 2015
- Develop a definition that reflects all professionals and educational settings (for example, co-teaching).
- Provide guidance to districts on how to implement the statewide ToR definition.
- Allow district autonomy, as long as it aligns with the state’s educational priorities and use of the data for high-stakes decision making.
- Pilot statewide RV systems before full implementation.
- Ensure that staff familiar with the students and their classroom experiences approve the rosters.