As the United States honors its military on Veterans Day, a new video from Mathematica Policy Research highlights the company’s work to improve the well-being of veterans and active-duty service members. Mathematica staff members discuss their personal connections to the U.S. Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy, while highlighting their work on the following projects:
- An evaluation of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) residential rehabilitation treatment programs focused on mental health services
- Studies of responsible fatherhood programs for men, including veterans, as part of the Parents and Children Together evaluation
- The Disability Research Consortium, which evaluates efforts to improve the national disability support system, including employment programs for veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder
- The implementation of surveys to monitor the progress of the TRICARE program, which provides health care coverage to more than nine million active-duty and retired service members
- An evaluation of efforts to improve outreach and services for veterans who are looking for work after their active service ends and receiving benefits under the Unemployment Compensation for Ex-Servicemembers program
Read more about Mathematica’s research on policies and programs to enhance the quality of life for active-duty service members, veterans, and their families.