Mathematica-mpr.com is now Mathematica.org. Please update your bookmarks. Learn more about this change.
Understanding the risk factors children face helps strengthen the work of child welfare agencies and programs. Mathematica contributes to these efforts by advancing research on child welfare programs. We work across a range of issues to provide expertise on the design of child abuse and neglect studies, evaluation technical assistance for homelessness prevention efforts, predictive analytics on service usage, and data-driven evaluations of home visiting and other programs. Read more about our child welfare work.
Informal Child Care in Detroit
Detroit’s Early Childhood Partnership initiative was designed to reduce vulnerabilities caused by economic and social inequity through community engagement, stakeholder collaboration, and research. Mathematica conducted a review of the informal child care landscape in Detroit.
Building Capacity to Evaluate Interventions for Youth with Child Welfare Involvement at Risk of Homelessness: Phase I and II
ACF funded 18 grantees to develop and test comprehensive programs to reduce homelessness among former foster youth. Mathematica is providing implementation technical assistance to six grantees to strengthen their abilitly to use data to make evidence-based decisions.
Heather Zaveri studies family support and early childhood programs and policies.Featured Projects
- PREP: Supporting Evaluation and Innovation in Promising Youth Pregnancy Prevention Programs
- Parents and Children Together (PACT)
- Making Replication Work: Building Infrastructure to Implement, Scale-up, and Sustain Evidence-Based Early Childhood Home Visiting Programs with Fidelity (Issue Brief)
- Making Replication Work: Building Infrastructure to Implement, Scale-up, and Sustain Evidence-Based Early Childhood Home Visiting Programs with Fidelity
- Early Childhood
- Child Welfare
- Early Childhood Systems
- Family Support
- Child Welfare
- Strengthening Families and Responsible Fatherhood
- Youth Development
- Human Services