PREP Snapshot: Inputs and Outcomes: PREP Programs Serving Adjudicated Youth
- Seventy-two programs across 24 states and territories reported primarily serving adjudicated youth.
- These programs served about 8,000 youth each year, largely through juvenile detention centers.
- Most youth in these programs reported being White or Black or African American, and most were ages 15 to 18.
- About three-quarters of youth reported being sexually active before entering the program.
- After PREP, more than one-third of the youth in these programs reported they were less likely to have sex in the next six months, and a large majority reported they were more likely to use condoms and birth control if they have sex.
Follow the Evidence
Interested in the most current findings from Mathematica? Subscribe to our bi-weekly newsletter, Evidence & Insights, to stay up to date with the issues that matter to you.Sign Me Up