Mathematica partnered with the National Association of Health Data Organizations in April 2020 to create the “COVID-19 Health Data Users Group.” The Data Users Group was developed to address the learning community needs related to the pandemic. Within each session, health data experts from various settings share their knowledge with group members and discuss experiences related to COVID-19.
Previous webinars in this series:
An April 30, 2021 presentation discussed “Evaluating the impact of telehealth on access, quality and costs.”
- Chad Ellimoottil, MD, MS, Assistant Professor & Director of University of Michigan’s Telehealth Research Incubator, “Evaluating the impact of telehealth on access, quality and costs”
A March 26, 2021 presentation discussed "Using and Understanding COVID-19 Vaccine Data."
- Jill Rosenthal, Senior Program Director at The National Academy for State Health Policy (NASHP) “Using data to identify trends and priorities in state COVID-19 vaccine roll out”
- Rae-Ann Ginter, IT Manager, Amara Pallavaram, Portfolio Manager & Brandon Vargo, Statistician at the Pennsylvania Department of Health “PA Vaccine Dashboard”
- Kate Kiefert, Consultant at Amelia Mayme Consulting
A January 29, 2021 session featured a presentation on “Accessing and Analyzing COVID-19 Vaccine Data.”
- Pat Merryweather-Arges, Executive Director at Project Patient Care
- Jon Reid, USIIS Program Manager at Utah Department of Health
- Kate Dovgala, Director of Health Program Improvement at Mathematica
- Paul Messino, Senior Researcher at Mathematica
A July 29, 2020 session featured a presentation on “What's the risk? A comparison of COVID-19 forecasting models.”
- Ravi Goyal, Senior Statistician at Mathematica and Cindy Hu, Data Scientist at Mathematica “What's the risk? A comparison of COVID-19 forecasting models”
- Leah Hole-Marshall, J.D., General Counsel and Chief Strategist at Washington Health Benefit Exchange “Best Available Data to Inform Decisions in a Pandemic”
A July 17, 2020 session included a facilitated roundtable discussion featuring experts discussing the “Minnesota Data Consortium COVID-19 Data Sharing.”
- Tyler Winkelman, Co-Director at Hennepin Healthcare Research Institute
- Pamela Mink, Director of Health Services Research at Minnesota Department of Health “Minnesota Data Consortium COVID-19 Data Sharing”
A June 4, 2020 session featured presentations by three health data experts who will share their experience developing and using new health data in light of the pandemic response.
- Michael Lundberg, Executive Director at Virginia Health Information
- Jeff Ballou, Ph.D., Director of Health Program Improvement at Mathematica
- Katie Eckert, CPA, Vice President, Health Care Payment at the Maryland Hospital Association
A May 27, 2020 session included a facilitated roundtable discussion featuring experts from different health care system perspectives.
- Joel Ario, Managing Director, Manatt
- Melody Craff, Ph.D., Director, Strategic Analytic Services and research at Milliman MedInsight
- Michael Chernew, Ph.D., Leonard D. Schaeffer Professor of Health Care Policy at Harvard University; Partner, Value-Based Insurance Design Model; and Chair of the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission