Mathematica-mpr.com is now Mathematica.org. Please update your bookmarks. Learn more about this change.
Strengthening and Disseminating Research
Education and policy leaders face a bewildering array of choices in curricula, instructional approaches, and student services. Scientifically based research can help them justify better decisions, if this work reaches those who need it in the field. Mathematica plays an important role in improving research evidence and amplifying the findings from high quality studies.
Assessing New Uses of Regression Discontinuity (RD) Designs: Producing Broader Evaluations of Education and Training Interventions
Mathematica is assessing the validity and accuracy of new techniques for extending regression discontinuity designs to produce impacts for individuals whose program eligibility scores are away from the cutoff score.
Russell Cole has expertise in research design, evaluation technical assistance, and systematic reviews. His research focuses on education, teen pregnancy prevention, early childhood and child welfare projects, and systems evaluation.Featured Projects
- What Works Clearinghouse
- Expanding the Use and Understanding of Evidence-Based Teen Pregnancy Prevention Programs
- Calculating Minimum Detectable Impacts in Teen Pregnancy Prevention Impact Evaluations
- Sample Attrition in Teen Pregnancy Prevention Impact Evaluations
- Early Childhood
- Systematic Evidence Reviews
- Strengthening and Disseminating Research
- Labor: Strengthening and Disseminating Research
- Family Support
- Youth Development
- Human Services