2020 Compendium of Disability Data Collection Methods
Entities involved in survey data collection should (and sometimes by law must) consider the extent to which their methods create barriers to survey participation for people with disabilities. Yet few resources are available to address this problem. To fill this knowledge gap, the Rehabilitation Research and Training Center on Disability Demographics and Statistics (StatsRRTC) has created the Compendium of Disability Data Collection Methods, an easily accessible source of research on the methodological issues associated with collecting data from or about people with disabilities. The compendium, and indexed, reference list contains 333 references on the following subjects:
- disability/impairment type (for example, developmental, cognitive and intellectual impairments, physical disabilities)
- data collection modes and adaptive technologies
- questionnaire design and measurement issues
- inclusive strategies and participatory research
- and special populations such as youth with disabilities and veterans’ populations.