Mathematica-mpr.com is now Mathematica.org. Please update your bookmarks. Learn more about this change.
Literacy and Numeracy
Reading and math skills are critical foundations, yet little is known about the effectiveness of different approaches for teaching these skills. To better inform school administrators' curricula decisions, we have evaluated remedial reading programs, technology-based reading and math programs, reading comprehension curricula, and popular elementary math curricula.
Assessing Evidence of Effectiveness in Adult Education
This study for the U.S. Department of Education will identify and examine the effectiveness of specific adult education programs and services.
Vice President of Business Development and Client Partnerships, Human Services
Susanne James-Burdumy is an expert in the design and conduct of rigorous evaluations of educational programs and interventions.Featured Projects
- Study of Feedback for Teachers Based on Classroom Videos
- Evaluating Race to the Top and School Improvement Grants
- The Impact of Playworks on Students’ Physical Activity by Race/Ethnicity: Findings from a Randomized Controlled Trial (Journal Article)
- The Impact of Playworks on Boys' and Girls' Physical Activity During Recess
- Literacy and Numeracy
- School Reform
- Strengthening and Disseminating Research
- Teacher and Principal Effectiveness
- Labor: Strengthening and Disseminating Research
- Human Services