To assess the availability of judicial, environmental, and labor force data and its use by civil society, business, and the government to promote data-driven decision-making.
Insufficient public trust in government and opaque decision-making are significant constraints to Kosovo’s economic development. In this mixed methods performance evaluation, MCC and MFK call on Mathematica’s experience and expertise in governance initiatives to understand the results of open data initiatives aimed to increase government transparency.
- Millennium Foundation Kosovo
- Kosovo Hydrometeorological Institute
- Kosovo Judicial Council
Millennium Challenge Corporation
Mathematica’s evaluation covers one of the two projects included in MCC’s Kosovo Threshold Program, the Transparent and Accountable Governance Project (TAG). TAG comprises three activities designed to increase data accessibility for the general public and promote data-driven decision-making. Mathematica is performing a mixed-methods evaluation to determine how project activities contributed to changes in public perceptions of government’s functions and affected how civil society and the government engage each other.
The TAG project comprises three activities:
- Public Access to Judicial Information (PAJI) activity, to support the Government of Kosovo by increasing the accessibility and public use of judicial data
- Environmental Data Collection (EDC) activity, which will improve the availability of real-time and forecast air quality data
- Kosovo Open Data Challenge (KODC) activity, which develops open data innovations in the private sector, spurring partnerships between the government and civil society in the use and analysis of judicial, environmental, labor, and energy data.
Evidence & Insights From This Project
Independent Evaluation of the Kosovo Threshold Program Transparent and Accountable Governance (TAG) Project: Evaluation Design Report
In this evaluation design report, we propose a mixed-methods performance evaluation of MCC’s investments under the Kosovo Transparent and Accountable Governance project. Our approach is structured as three activity-specific evaluations to assess the judicial, air quality, and open data initiatives, as well as a cross-cutting evaluation to examine synergies across the project activities.Learn More
Senior ResearcherView Bio Page
Josh Meuth Alldredge
ResearcherView Bio Page
Senior Director, International Bilateral and Multilateral OrganizationsView Bio Page
Program ManagerView Bio Page
See Clearly. Act Quickly.
Our experts can help you make smart, sustainable decisions. From local to global challenges in health, human services, and international development, we’re here to improve public well-being and make progress together.Explore Partnership