Leveraging Dual Eligible Special Needs Plan (D-SNP) Models of Care to Enhance Enrollee Care Coordination
This webinar discussed strategies states can use to improve care coordination for D-SNP enrollees. It provides an overview of federal D-SNP care coordination and Model of Care (MOC) requirements, describes state options for incorporating care coordination requirements into state Medicaid agency contracts (SMACs) with D-SNPs, and/or requiring D-SNPs to incorporate state-specific information into MOCs, and discusses key considerations for states when implementing state-specific care coordination requirements.
Learning Objectives: By the end of this presentation, attendees should be able to:
- Explain federal D-SNP care coordination and MOC requirements;
- Describe options for incorporating state-specific care coordination requirements into D-SNP MOCs and SMACs; and
- Understand key considerations when requiring D-SNPs to implement state-specific care coordination requirements.
- Molly Knowles, Center for Healthcare Strategies (CHCS)
- Nida Joseph, CHCS
- Caitlin Murray, Mathematica
- Emily Costello, Mathematica