Reopening Schools Safely: New Evidence on Mitigating COVID-19 Spread
This REL Mid-Atlantic webinar discusses considerations for reopening schools safely. Presenters share lessons learned from a rapid-turnaround study in partnership with the Pennsylvania Department of Education to inform their guidance for reopening schools in the fall. They discuss 1) input from stakeholders, 2) lessons from a rapid review of emerging evidence on the COVID-19 pandemic and best practices in blended and remote learning, and 3) lessons from an agent-based modeling simulation that estimated the level of COVID-19 transmission in schools under various scenarios and mitigation strategies.
- Brian Gill, REL Mid-Atlantic
- Ravi Goyal, REL Mid-Atlantic
- Jacob Hartog, REL Mid-Atlantic
- Danielle DeLisle, REL Mid-Atlantic
- Adam Schott, Special Assistant to the Secretary, Pennsylvania Department of Education
The webinar is for school, district, and state-level educators and community partners.