Mathematica-mpr.com is now Mathematica.org. Please update your bookmarks. Learn more about this change.
Mathematica Announces Launch of the Mid-Atlantic Regional Educational Laboratory (REL) Website
Mathematica Policy Research, a leader in assessing policy and program effectiveness for almost 50 years, today announced the launch of a new web resource for the U.S. Department of Education’s Institute of Education Sciences (IES) Mid-Atlantic Regional Educational Laboratory (REL).
Developed as part of Mathematica’s oversight of the Mid-Atlantic REL, the website disseminates research findings and provides tools and resources related to needs identified by community stakeholders in Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.
On the website stakeholders have access to:
- Ask A REL—A curated Q&A forum provides research-based answers to pressing questions and sheds light on the education improvement topics important in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Publications & News—Access to timely publications about the evidence-based research conducted and insights gained from research results. Also available, a signup for an email newsletter to receive quarterly updates about ongoing research, events, and the overall REL program.
- Analytics and Data—Snapshots of key metrics from the Mid-Atlantic region plus tools and resources to help educators sort through, interpret, and apply research data.
- Events Calendar—Information about in-person workshops, webinars, conferences, and other events plus on-demand access to archived recordings providing training, coaching, and technical support.
- Mid-Atlantic REL Contacts—A listing of current leadership, including the lab’s governing board, representing key stakeholders from all states.
“Our first priority is learning about the needs of our stakeholders to address their most pressing priorities,” notes Brian Gill, director of the REL Mid-Atlantic and a senior fellow at Mathematica. “The website is a key tool to ensure that the REL helps share information widely, sparks new ideas, and connects leaders working on similar issues to make a difference in improving teaching and learning.
About the Mid-Atlantic REL
The Mid-Atlantic Regional Education Laboratory or REL Mid-Atlantic is one of 10 research centers funded by the U.S. Department of Education’s Institute of Education Sciences created to help educators use evidence-based research to improve teaching, learning, and school leadership. The Mid-Atlantic REL, directed by Mathematica Policy Research, conducts, applies, and disseminates research in collaboration with leaders in the region to promote continuous improvement of educational practice. For more information about the project, see the Mid-Atlantic Regional Educational Laboratory page.