Mathematica-mpr.com is now Mathematica.org. Please update your bookmarks. Learn more about this change.
Economic Development Job Creation and Entrepreneurship
Many individuals are motivated and capable of developing small businesses but lack access to credit or have little business expertise. Recognizing this untapped potential, DOL initiated a demonstration to test ways of helping emerging entrepreneurs create, sustain, and/or expand their existing small businesses. We evaluated this initiative, Project GATE (Growing America Through Entrepreneurship), finding that it had a small but significant effect on business ownership. We also conduct the Kauffman Firm Survey, the largest longitudinal survey of new businesses in the world, to catalyze understanding of how various factors influence entrepreneurship.
Jobs and Innovation Accelerator Challenge Grants Evaluation
This evaluation examined implementation, processes, and strategies grantee clusters use to accelerate regional economic development, and whether federal funding and program structure accelerate the creation of high-wage jobs and innovation.
Zambia: Increasing Economic and Social Empowerment for Girls and Women
Mathematica is evaluating the EMPOWER: Increasing Economic and Social Empowerment for Adolescent Girls and Vulnerable Women project, implemented by Winrock International and funded by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Samina Sattar studies the implementation and impact of social programs with the aim of improving federal, state, and local policymaking.Featured Projects
- Connecting Inmates to Public Workforce Services Prior to Release: The Linking to Employment Activities Pre-Release Grants
- Summer Youth Employment Initiative Under the Recovery Act
- Evaluation of Waivers Granted Under WIA
- Evaluation of Waivers Granted Under WIA: Profiles of 12 Sites
- Training and Re-employment
- Economic Development ,Job Creation, and Entrepreneurship
- TANF and Employment Issues
- Criminal Justice
- Human Services