Mathematica-mpr.com is now Mathematica.org. Please update your bookmarks. Learn more about this change.
College and Career Readiness
Whether our education system helps youth develop skills needed to attain college and career success is a pressing concern. We have evaluated programs geared to help students progress and ultimately improve their individual and economic well-being.
Assessing the Long-Term Impacts of KIPP Middle Schools on College Enrollment and Persistence
This long-term randomized controlled trial followed students who applied to enter KIPP middle schools in 2008 and 2009, and measured their outcomes in college.
Assessing Evidence of Effectiveness in Adult Education
This study for the U.S. Department of Education will identify and examine the effectiveness of specific adult education programs and services.
Alina Martinez evaluates the impacts of education programs and practices, spanning youth to adult populations. Her areas of emphasis include college access and success, career training, and science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education and policy.Featured Projects
- The International Research Experiences for Students Program
- Assessing Evidence of Effectiveness in Adult Education
- Study Snapshot: Study of Enhanced College Advising in Upward Bound: Impacts on Steps Toward College
- Study Highlights: Study of Enhanced College Advising in Upward Bound: Impacts on Steps Toward College
- College and Career Readiness
- Human Services