Mathematica-mpr.com is now Mathematica.org. Please update your bookmarks. Learn more about this change.
Teacher and Principal Preparation and Support
Teachers matter. Nothing in a school day is more important for student achievement than the skills of teachers. Mathematica has a long history of studying how teachers are prepared for, supported, and perform in the classroom. Principals have also been shown to have an important influence on student achievement. Mathematica is studying intensive supports for principals and how they affect school, teacher, and student outcomes.
A Research Synthesis of the Role of Assistant Principals and Pathways to the Principalship
The Wallace Foundation commissioned three literature syntheses on topics related to school leadership. Mathematica is working with Vanderbilt University on a synthesis focused on the topic of assistant principals (APs). The synthesis aims to address two key questions.
Melissa Clark specializes in the design and implementation of rigorous impact evaluations, with a focus on education policy.Featured Projects
- Study of Feedback for Teachers Based on Classroom Videos
- Secondary Math Teachers from Teach For America and the Teaching Fellows Programs
- Supplying Disadvantaged Schools with Effective Teachers: Experimental Evidence on Secondary Math Teachers from Teach For America
- The Effectiveness of Secondary Math Teachers from Teach For America and the Teaching Fellows Programs (Presentation)
- School Choice and Charters
- Teacher and Principal Effectiveness
- Teacher and Principal Preparation and Support
- Human Services