Mathematica-mpr.com is now Mathematica.org. Please update your bookmarks. Learn more about this change.
Teacher and Principal Preparation and Support
Teachers matter. Nothing in a school day is more important for student achievement than the skills of teachers. Mathematica has a long history of studying how teachers are prepared for, supported, and perform in the classroom. Principals have also been shown to have an important influence on student achievement. Mathematica is studying intensive supports for principals and how they affect school, teacher, and student outcomes.
A Research Synthesis of the Role of Assistant Principals and Pathways to the Principalship
The Wallace Foundation commissioned three literature syntheses on topics related to school leadership. Mathematica is working with Vanderbilt University on a synthesis focused on the topic of assistant principals (APs). The synthesis aims to address two key questions.
Kristin Hallgren specializes in conducting in-depth, qualitative research on educational interventions. She also has expertise in evaluating school turnaround, teacher supports, and data-driven decision making strategies in education.Featured Projects
- Pay-for-Performance: Evaluating the Teacher Incentive Fund
- Evaluation of the Atlanta Public Schools Turnaround Strategy
- The Atlanta Public Schools Turnaround Strategy After One Year: High Impact Tutoring and the Purpose Built Schools Partnership
- Companion Document for the Strategic Data Project and Education Pioneers Year 2 Report: Changing Education Agencies from the Inside Out
- Quality Measurement
- Effective Data Use
- School Reform
- Teacher and Principal Effectiveness
- Teacher and Principal Preparation and Support
- Human Services