Mathematica-mpr.com is now Mathematica.org. Please update your bookmarks. Learn more about this change.
Mathematica brings the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on the collection and analysis of information about Medicare. We are at the forefront of studying how the Medicare program can meet its growing challenges, and we partner with clients including CMS to improve public well-being through our work on:
- Cost control and payment method reform
- Quality and access to care
- Coordinated care and disease management
- Health information technology
- Dual eligible beneficiaries
- Prescription drugs
- Managed care and private health plans
Learning Systems for Accountable Care Organizations
Under a contract with CMS’s Innovation Center, Mathematica operates multiple learning systems for Medicare ACOs that promote the rapid distribution of innovative ideas and strategies for improving health care delivery and quality.
Accountable Health Communities: Identifying and Addressing Social Determinants of Health
Health-related social needs such as stable housing, food security, protection from interpersonal violence, and transportation are key drivers of health care utilization and cost, yet it is often difficult for health care providers and systems to identify such needs and connect patients with appropriate...
James Reschovsky is an expert in health care payment systems and health care quality.Featured Projects
- Facilitating Evidence-Based Clinical Decision Making
- Adapting a Model of Integrated and In-Home Care for Safety-Net Patients with Multiple Chronic Conditions
- Planning Section 1115 Demonstration Implementation to Enable Strong Evaluation Designs
- Selecting the Best Comparison Group and Evaluation Design: A Guidance Document for State Section 1115 Demonstration Evaluations