Assessing the Feasibility of Implementing the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program in the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (Summary)
Publisher: Alexandria, VA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service
Aug 30, 2016
This report assesses the CNMI’s capacity to administer SNAP in six key SNAP program areas:
1. Determining household eligibility and benefits
2. Implementing a SNAP eligibility system
3. Issuing benefits through electronic benefit transfer (EBT)
4. Maintaining program integrity
5. Implementing work requirements
6. Paying a share of administrative costs
It describes potential barriers to implementing SNAP and modifications that might be needed, and also explores which elements of SNAP could be implemented under the block grant structure.
We Also Recommend...