Mathematica-mpr.com is now Mathematica.org. Please update your bookmarks. Learn more about this change.
PREP Snapshot: Inputs and Outcomes: PREP Programs Serving Adjudicated Youth
Personal Responsibility Education Program (PREP) Evaluation, OPRE Report #2018-47
Publisher: Washington, DC: Office of Planning, Research, and Evaluation, Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Apr 30, 2018
- Seventy-two programs across 24 states and territories reported primarily serving adjudicated youth.
- These programs served about 8,000 youth each year, largely through juvenile detention centers.
- Most youth in these programs reported being White or Black or African American, and most were ages 15 to 18.
- About three-quarters of youth reported being sexually active before entering the program.
- After PREP, more than one-third of the youth in these programs reported they were less likely to have sex in the next six months, and a large majority reported they were more likely to use condoms and birth control if they have sex.
We Also Recommend...