Education-to-Workforce Indicator Framework: Using Data to Promote Equity and Economic Security for All
The Education-to-Workforce Indicator Framework (E-W Framework) is a first-of-its kind framework that establishes a common set of metrics and data equity principles for assessing and addressing disparities along the pre-K-to-workforce continuum. The framework was built through iterative input from 30+ E-W experts in research, policy, and practice at the local, state, and federal levels; cross-walking 40+ leading frameworks; and synthesizing the current evidence base.
Key components of the framework include:
- Data equity principles: Principles to support ethical and safe data use across the data life cycle
- Essential questions: Questions every E-W data system should be equipped to answer
- Indicators: Indicators that matter most along the E-W continuum for states and localities to measure
- Disaggregates: Key student characteristics to inform data disaggregation and assess disparities
- Evidence-based practices: Illustrative practices shown to move the needle on key outcomes