Mathematica-mpr.com is now Mathematica.org. Please update your bookmarks. Learn more about this change.
CSDP Forum: Aligning Community Practices with Trends in Rehabilitation: Researching and Validating the Pathways to Careers Initiative
Mathematica Policy Research is evaluating Pathways to Careers, an innovative employment program for people with disabilities. The speakers at this event discussed:
- The alignment of Pathways practices with the provisions of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, and other trends in best practices for rehabilitation
- Pathways’ unique strategies to engage employers, including testing and evaluating an employer payroll tax adjustment
- The program’s effective delivery of services through a team organizational structure, assignments and responsibilities, and training on key practices
- The program’s zero-exclusion approach, which ensures that services can be effectively provided to a diverse group of individuals, including those who experience the most significant impact from their disability
- Findings from the evaluation that reveal the experiences of staff, participants, and employers in the program, any changes in the participants’ reliance on federal and state benefits, and other participant outcomes