Mathematica-mpr.com is now Mathematica.org. Please update your bookmarks. Learn more about this change.
A high-quality education is critical to the future of our nation's children and our country's economic success, but many lack access to effective teachers and schools. Mathematica studies public and private efforts to improve the quality of education and competitiveness of our workforce. Our work helps advance the science of education research and further discourse about education reform.
Assessing the Long-Term Impacts of KIPP Middle Schools on College Enrollment and Persistence
This long-term randomized controlled trial followed students who applied to enter KIPP middle schools in 2008 and 2009, and measured their outcomes in college.
A Research Synthesis of the Role of Assistant Principals and Pathways to the Principalship
The Wallace Foundation commissioned three literature syntheses on topics related to school leadership. Mathematica is working with Vanderbilt University on a synthesis focused on the topic of assistant principals (APs). The synthesis aims to address two key questions.
Pia Caronongan’s work focuses on early childhood programs and policies, particularly those targeted toward children from low-income families.Featured Projects
- Assessing the Implementation and Cost of High Quality Early Care and Education
- Early Head Start Family and Child Experiences Survey (Baby FACES)
- Toddlers in Early Head Start: A Portrait of 2-Year-Olds, Their Families, and the Programs Serving Them (Executive Summary)
- Early Head Start Programs Deliver a Variety of Quality Services to Families with Infants and Toddlers (In Focus Brief)
- Quality Improvement
- Early Childhood
- Child Development
- Quality Measurement
- Systematic Evidence Reviews
- Strengthening and Disseminating Research
- Labor: Strengthening and Disseminating Research
- Human Services