Mathematica-mpr.com is now Mathematica.org. Please update your bookmarks. Learn more about this change.
Curriculum and professional development impact instruction and student achievement.Read more
A high-quality education is critical to the future of our nation's children and our country's economic success, but many lack access to effective teachers and schools. Mathematica studies public and private efforts to improve the quality of education and competitiveness of our workforce. Our work helps advance the science of education research and further discourse about education reform.
Assessing the Long-Term Impacts of KIPP Middle Schools on College Enrollment and Persistence
This long-term randomized controlled trial followed students who applied to enter KIPP middle schools in 2008 and 2009, and measured their outcomes in college.
A Research Synthesis of the Role of Assistant Principals and Pathways to the Principalship
The Wallace Foundation commissioned three literature syntheses on topics related to school leadership. Mathematica is working with Vanderbilt University on a synthesis focused on the topic of assistant principals (APs). The synthesis aims to address two key questions.
Melissa Clark specializes in the design and implementation of rigorous impact evaluations, with a focus on education policy.Featured Projects
- Study of Feedback for Teachers Based on Classroom Videos
- Secondary Math Teachers from Teach For America and the Teaching Fellows Programs
- Supplying Disadvantaged Schools with Effective Teachers: Experimental Evidence on Secondary Math Teachers from Teach For America
- The Effectiveness of Secondary Math Teachers from Teach For America and the Teaching Fellows Programs (Presentation)
- School Choice and Charters
- Teacher and Principal Effectiveness
- Teacher and Principal Preparation and Support
- Human Services