Mathematica-mpr.com is now Mathematica.org. Please update your bookmarks. Learn more about this change.
Curriculum and professional development impact instruction and student achievement.Read more
A high-quality education is critical to the future of our nation's children and our country's economic success, but many lack access to effective teachers and schools. Mathematica studies public and private efforts to improve the quality of education and competitiveness of our workforce. Our work helps advance the science of education research and further discourse about education reform.
Assessing the Long-Term Impacts of KIPP Middle Schools on College Enrollment and Persistence
This long-term randomized controlled trial followed students who applied to enter KIPP middle schools in 2008 and 2009, and measured their outcomes in college.
A Research Synthesis of the Role of Assistant Principals and Pathways to the Principalship
The Wallace Foundation commissioned three literature syntheses on topics related to school leadership. Mathematica is working with Vanderbilt University on a synthesis focused on the topic of assistant principals (APs). The synthesis aims to address two key questions.
Senior Survey Researcher
Cleo Jacobs Johnson specializes in early childhood, education, and family support research.Featured Projects
- Early Head Start Family and Child Experiences Survey (Baby FACES)
- Building Strong Families: Strengthening Unmarried Parents' Relationships
- Informal Caregivers Research Project: Characteristics, Networks, and Needs of Informal Caregivers and Parents in California
- Informal Caregivers Research Project (INCARE): Ecomap Interview Protocol
- Early Childhood
- Child Welfare
- School Choice and Charters
- Family Support
- Child Welfare
- Strengthening Families and Responsible Fatherhood
- Human Services